1. Thank you for supporting the AGM.
2. Your new FEPS Committee for 2017—18 will be:-
Chairman Ken Walter; Vice-Chairman Trevor Hyde; Secretary Belinda Ewart; Treasurer Tom Barclay; Membership Secretary Jeff Haynes; Programme Secretary Ray Staff; External Competition Secretary Val Walker; Internal Print Secretary Justin Grant; Internal Digital Secretary Craig Bellis; Exhibition Secretary Craig Poltock; Social Secretary Neil Jackson; General Committee Members Judy Domoney, Peter Trowell, Ted Weller, Paul Burwood.
3. Next Year the AGM papers will be sent to all members in time for members to read them prior to the date so that the proceedings can be expedited very quickly, and the rest of the evening being used for other FEPS programme events.
4. On Saturday 21st October there will be a FEPS outing to the Sir Howard Hillier House Gardens and Winchester. The cost will be £20 per person. This covers the cost of the mini-coach. We are grateful to Nigel Homer for volunteering to be the driver/guide free of charge. Once we have received confirmation of the booking from the Coach Company we will be taking bookings and payments from members---------it will be a matter of 1st come, 1st served. Members will be responsible for entry fees to the property (free to members of some other Gardens, e.g. Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew); and their refreshments. We hope this day will provide a wide variety of opportunities for photography without getting each others’ way. We aim to move from the Gardens to Winchester for “town” images. Winchester has many historic buildings, and a large Cathedral.
5. The Set Subjects for next season will be:-----PATTERNS; FACES; and WEATHER. The subject for the Norma Bateman Rosebowl is chosen by the Judge, and we are awaiting the judge’s choice.
6. This Season’s winners are Prints Class 1: Mike Walker, Class2: Phillip Toms, Mono Print of the Year: Jeff Haynes’ Colour Print of the Year: Justin Grant. The digital competitions are still in progress.
7. The Public Vote for the “Best of the Exhibition” in May was Dom Beavan’s “Milky Way Over Pulpit Rock”.
8. Earlier this week Harrow CC ran its’ Ron Wake Competition, with 7 local clubs submitting 7 prints. The Final 20 Images will be judged again, by a different judge, at the Harrow CC Exhibition, in September. There were 2 prints from FEPS members which made the Final were Justin Grant’s “Into the Tunnel”, and Mike Walker’s “Willet Tossing Crab”.
9. Neil Jackson has produced a list for members to sign up for the end of season Awards Evening (July 28th) at the Ruislip Conservative Hall, Ickenham Road (near West Ruislip Station). The cost is £5:00 per head. Members are welcome to bring along family and friends. Please sign up promptly so that we can judge the refreshment needs. Donations for a Raffle would be welcomed.
10. Before that we have the Projected Image of the Year (June 7th); Print Panel (June 14th); Calendar Images---landscape format for landscape theme prints (June 21st).