1. This is the last Noticeboard for the 2016-17 Season, and my last edition. Your next copy of Noticeboard will be distributed by your new Chairman, Ken Walter --- probably towards the end of August, after the next FEPS Committee Meeting.
2. We had a successful Social evening on Wednesday night at the Conservative Centre. Thank you all for your support.
3. The Calendar Photos for the 2018 Calendar have been announced; they are:-
JANUARY HUBBARD GLACIER PETER DALE
FEBRUARY LIGHTHOUSE ANDREW ERICSON
MARCH DURDLE DOOR RAY STAFF
APRIL SPRING MORNING MIKE BARBER
MAY PRIMROSE HILL JEFF HAYNES
JUNE BOAT ON WATER CRAIG BELLIS
JULY IN THE DUNES JUDY DOMONEY
AUGUST RUNNING TO TIME BELINDA EWART
SEPTEMBER CRUMMOCK WATER TREVOR HYDE
OCTOBER ASPENS VAL WALKER
NOVEMBER AUSTRALIAN SUNRISE TED WELLER
DECEMBER THE CROFT NEIL JACKSON
Please send a high-res full size version to Ray ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) as soon as possible.
4. When Ray can get the Calender printed I hope that members will give support, by buying copies as presents, as well as for their own homes.
5. A reminder that on Saturday October 21st we have arranged for a visit to Sir Harold Hillier House and Gardens, plus Winchester. These places will offer excellent opportunities for photography. There should be good autumn colours in the Gardens, and Winchester will provide plenty of old buildings to tempt photographers. The cost will be £25 per person; members will also be liable for entry fees (free for members of many Gardens, such as Kew Gardens) and refreshments. We will have our own coach (driven by member Nigel Homer) travelling from (and return to) Ruislip. There will be plenty of space for luggage. A number of places have already been taken, and, if you want to book your place before the start of next season, please contact Val Walker (email@example.com ).
6. This season’s winners were:-
TROPHY COMPETITION WINNER
McLELLAN TROPHY CLASS 1 PRINTS MIKE WALKER
MARTIN TROPHY CLASS 2 PRINTS PHILLIP TOMS
FRIENDSHIP CUP AGGREGATE OF PRINTS MIKE WALKER
JEFFERSON TROPHY CLASS 1 DIGITAL JEFF HAYNES
ANN TEMPLE CUP CLASS 2 DIGITAL PETER SIBLEY
FEPS DIGITAL AGGREGATE AGGREGATE FOR DIGITAL PEYER SIBLEY
EDITH KING MEMORIAL CUP PRINT PANEL MIKE WALKER
WRIGHT TROPHY DIGITAL SET SUBJECTS BELINDA EWART
NORMA BATEMAN ROSEBOWL A SET SUBJECT DIGITAL JEFF HAYNES
POVEY TROPHY DIGITAL OF THE YEAR MIKE WALKER
JEWELL CUP MONO PRINT OF THE YEAR JEFF HAYNES
BISON SHIELD COLOUR PRINT OF THE YEAR JUSTIN GRANT
KATHARINE HERRING BEST LAD’S AGGREGATE BELINDA EWART
SHEPHERD TANKARD PROGRESS IN PRINTS PHILLIP TOMS
FEPS DIGITAL PROGRESS CUP PROGRESS IN DIGITAL PETER HILL
BPD PHOTOTECH CUP VOTES IN EXHIBITION NEIL JACKSON (OCTOBER EXHIBITION) / DOM BEAVEN MAY EXHIBITION
Congratulations to all of the winners.
Thanks to everyone who entered the FEPS competitions this past season. I look forward to seeing even more entries to our competitions in 2017 – 2018. You already know the set Subjects (Patterns Oct 11th), (Faces Jan 24th), (Weather Mar 28th); and the Norma Bateman Rosebowl (Illustrate a Well Known Phrase, or Saying Nov 22nd), so use the summer break wisely to prepare for these accessible set subjects. Also, I give advance notice of the first 2 open competitions (Print Sept 13th with entry forms due Sept 6th), and (Projected Image Sept 20th with entries by Sept 13th).
7. Have a good break---enjoy it.